Thursday, April 22, 2010

The (Ugly) Golden Fleece


I happened to mention to my mother that I was thinking about buBoldyiBoldng some white fleece to make baby #2 a hooded bear blanket (think polar bear here) a while back. Bless her, she went out and bought me some fleece while she did her shopping! I was blown over by her generosity as it included a few yards of black fleece, and brown fleece each. So much I could do to feed my sewing addiction, and all do to her extremely big heart. Really a wonderful and thoughtful woman.


But.


(And there is always a but, isn't there?)


But, ONE of the.... pieces of fleece... is a little odd colored. It is.. a very very yellow brown color. Similar to the color pictured here, but slightly (and I mean ever so slightly) browner. I admit that I have it hidden deep inside my closet and every time I think about a prospective project, I get excited, only to pull it out that the color I had imagined in my mind was slightly better looking then the actBoldual color- and then back in the closet it goes.

It is my shame. Gifts, should be appreciated with the love and good intentions they were given with- not hidden! I desperately want to do something with it. I want to take that ugly,awkward, socially outclassed piece of weird brown-yellowy fleece and turn it into something truly incredible, beautiful, magnificent! I want to turn that 'rag' into that silken princess's ball gown ideal.
I want to do my mother proud, darn it!
How do I do it? What do I make with it? I literally have YARDS of the stuff. Oh please, wont somebody have some idea of what I can do with this?

No comments: